Let’s talk routines. Like anything that’s talked about frequently, you might be wondering: What’s all the hype about? Are they actually worth the commitment? Is it just a fad?
I’m here to tell you as a holistic health coach, the hype is real! There is such a wide range of benefits that routines can offer to support your physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and energetic health – a truly holistic resource. Of course, specific benefits will depend on what your unique routine consists of, and the intention and energy you bring to that routine. But overall, humans are creatures of habit, and routines offer a beautiful way to promote health and well-being through structure, organization, and stability.
Ready to be amazed?
Here are some of the many powerful wellness benefits of having routines and how they can positively impact your health and life:
- Consistent engagement in healthy habits leading to improved overall health
- Reduced stress levels and enhanced ability to manage and cope with stress
- Structure and predictability help to decrease anxiety
- Aids in eliminating decision fatigue and associated stress and overwhelm
- Allows you to be in control and exercise the power of choice to support your ever-evolving needs
- Helps in coping with change and unknowns by creating a sense of normalcy and stability
- Creates opportunities to practice mindfulness and ground yourself in the present moment
- Supports a balanced nervous system
- Provides inspiration for others as you set examples and show up as your best self
- Improved skills of the things that are in your routine – the more you do it, the better you’ll get!
- More productive and better time management
- Creates and supports continued momentum and inspiration for action
- More time for the things you care about, and to care for yourself
- Conserved and more strategically used physical and mental energy
- Improved and increased creativity due to more mental space and energetic alignment
- Improved sleep (especially with a good night routine)
- Balanced circadian rhythm which influences physical and mental health, and encourages better sleep.
- An opportunity to start your day off right and get you in the mindset and energetic state you’re needing to show up as your best self – How you start your day influences the rest of your day!
Are you convinced yet?
What I really want to communicate here is that you’re in control, and you get to create your routines to be exactly how you need them to support your current needs. No person or thing outside of yourself holds the magic solution to your health and happiness, and routines can be a powerful way to prioritize and consistently make choices that facilitate your healing.
YOU get to experiment with all the ways you can cultivate a more meaningful life! I hope you choose to view that freedom and responsibility as incredibly empowering and inspiring.
To explore more on the topic of routines, check out these blog posts: